Overall Guidelines for Funding
Here are guidelines concerning what types of startups’ applications will be distributed to Queen City Angels’ members for consideration:
- Located within a 150-mile radius of Cincinnati.
- High-growth, technology-oriented ventures with potential annual revenues of $10 million or more within four to five years.
- Proprietary technology, early-market lead or with other strong barriers to competition.
- Ventures include life sciences, advanced materials, additive manufacturing, IT and sensors.
- Entrepreneurs or executive teams receptive to mentoring and coaching.
- A strong, if not a complete, management team to execute the business plan.
- Reasonable valuation reflecting the risk/reward expectations of angel investors.
Remember, we are early, seed-stage investors … so, if you have a valuation above $3.5 million, we will want to know how this is justified from a revenue , IP, management team or market opportunity perspective.
- Defined need for capital in the range of $200,000-$1,000,000
- A viable exit-strategy for investors
Queen City Angels Invest in Numerous Ways
Queen City Angels frequently works through a network of other angel investors to syndicate deals that need larger amounts of capital, including ten additional angel groups in Ohio as well as other angel groups around the Country.
If your venture is based in Ohio, and meets the requirements set forth by our partner Third Frontier, you could qualify for a First Fund investment, sidecar investments or a combination of both.
Ohio Third Frontier is committed to transforming the state’s economy through the accelerated growth of diverse startup and early-stage technology companies.
Queen City Angels is constantly evaluating opportunities. While all ventures are collectively reviewed and investigated, each Queen City Angels’ member makes their own investment decisions.
QCA wants to improve your chance for success regardless of QCA funding. To learn more about QCA’s evaluation process, please click here.
When a business creates significant interest, Queen City Angels work through due diligence. Following due diligence, negotiations may begin with the entrepreneur and/or company principles.
To learn more, contact QCA Executive Director Scott Jacobs 513.373.6972 or firstname.lastname@example.org.